Monday, August 27, 2012

Why do Star Wars games SUCK?

It's a very significant "tell" about my personality. But I really want to play Force Unleashed 2 right now. I played the into of it and had an absolute joygasm. But I couldn't play any farther. I didn't know the story and it looks so good I had to know it from the beginning.

So I started the first Force Unleashed. From the beginning

I HATE IT!

Well I hate the gameplay. I love the story I love the graphics, I love the music, I love the sound,  I love the saber battles. But the rest of it is just platform jumping trash. If I wanted to play Mario Brothers style jumping around, I'd play fracking Mario Brothers, not Star Wars.

Why is it every Star Wars game since the AMAZING Original Dark Forces, and TIE Fighter, Insists on being an elaborate version of Contra or Mario?

Now don't be offended if you love platform games. If it is your cup of tea, then more power to you. By all means enjoy...

But ALL the Star Wars games in this genre? Seriously?

Someone might want to mention the racing games about here, but don't bother. Trying to pander to the NASCAR crowd with racing games and Episode one racing is like inviting Jed Clampett to a $40,000 a plate banquet.

At any rate I've held my nose and played the game... and learning to like it despite.

After this I have to do the same thing to get to Mass Effect 2. Endure 1 for the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment